NANIUM, S.A., Vila do Conde (Porto), Portugal, is an independent semiconductor packaging company, dedicated to providing development, manufacturing, testing and engineering services in the semiconductor business, operating namely in WLP/RDL and in customised System in Package.
NANIUM is focusing on leading edge advanced packaging technologies and intends to become a reference Backend foundry for WLP (Fan-Out WLP and Fan-In WLP) and SiP technologies in Europe.
Thanks to 14 years‟ experience in the Backend semiconductor business (as former Siemens Semiconductors, Infineon Technologies and recently Qimonda Portugal), NANIUM has a highly qualified and competent team and state-of-the-art facilities and equipment that include:
- the ultimate technologies in wafer level packaging for 200mm (8”) and 300mm (12”);
- complete assembly and test manufacturing solutions (covering assembly, test, burn-in, mark-scan-pack)
ROLE & KEY CONTRIBUTION
- Bumping of 3D stacked sensors, namely adaption of UBM and balling process for the specific needs of 3D sensors (with open TSVs which are 200μm deep)
- Development of 300mm FO-WLP technology for Power Electronics products and for 3D Integration
- Extension of 300mm FO-WLP technology for embedding stacked products with Si interposer and active device
- The ultimate technologies in wafer level packaging for 200mm (8”) and 300mm (12”)
- Know-how and state-of-the-art infrastructure for 300mm FO-WLP technology development and volume manufacturing
- Complete development cycle competences for advanced packaging from design, to material development; process development; prototype execution and testing and characterization
- Avenida 1° de Maio n. 801
- 4485-629 Vila do Conde, Portugal